Courage is grace under pressure. -Ernest Hemingway



7.21.2011

Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts. -Arnold Bennett

Brent's folks came up a few days ago to help us continue getting ready to move, for which I am HUGELY thankful because we couldn't do this alone.  We all started packing, and then we just kept on packing.  Originally, I thought we would get the "nonessentials" packed for storage, but then, everything kinda became a "nonessential"... and I'm OK with it.  I will admit that I am sad that our home doesn't look like "home" anymore, but there just isn't any point to prolonging the painful process of moving (and a huge life-change).  I don't like being in limbo, and I am just ready to get moved so that Brent and I can get on with our lives in a new place.  And, it's not toooooo bad considering this is our new backyard...

As we were packing, I ran across a (literal) slip of paper with this jotted down "I believe in the sun, even if it does not shine.  I believe in love, even if I do not feel it.  I believe in God, even when He is silent."  It moved me the first time I heard it, and it moved me again today.  I searched online to see if I could find the original author, but all I could find is that it was an inscription on a wall of a Warsaw Ghetto cellar in Germany by an unknown Jew hiding from Nazi persecution, circa 1942.

No comments:

Post a Comment