Courage is grace under pressure. -Ernest Hemingway



7.14.2011

God at work... through Craigslist??

I've had too many amazing experiences happen the last two days NOT to talk about them a skootch.

Since we are moving, I have a lot of stuff listed on Craigslist that we wanted to sell before we moved (versus trying to store them)-- things like a clawfoot bathtub (purchased for a remodel that's not going to happen), horse tack/stuff I dont use or need, the house for lease, our tractor and implements, etc.  SO, I have had a lot of people email me or call me for more information.

Yesterday, a nice lady called about the bathtub.  Almost immediately she knew it wouldn't work for her because it was too long for the space she was remodelling.  But, we continued chatting anyway.  In a nutshell, we ended up having quite a few things in common and she told me about how God helped her through some of the difficult times in her life.  The reaffirmation of God's presence and guidance in our lives, especially during the most difficult times in our lives, was just what I needed to hear.

Tonight, a wonderful woman called about the house (we had emailed yesterday before the house was officially leased).  I had to tell her the house was already leased, but again, we continued chatting.  She mentioned that she knew that the house probably wasn't right for them because of the timing of the move, but she just felt that the Lord was telling her to call me all day today anyway.  I admit that I was feeling a little down tonight since Brent is gone fishing and I am thinking about packing, and her call could not have been timed any better (which has been happening a LOT lately).  She prayed for Brent and me, and really gave me some wonderful advice and scriptures to refer and study.  Again, just what I needed.  They say that God doesn't always speak audibly, but He certainly speaks loud and clear through others.

It seems that God is into Craigslist for not only buying/selling, but for putting people in touch with others when the time is right.  The Lord indeed does work in mysterious ways, and He's definitely into the internet!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment